*** DROP BOX ISSUE *** APOLOGIES, LINKS ARE MISSING AND NEED TO BE ADDED!

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

All Mind for 5th Edition


My goodness! Spending two months copying and pasting from a System Reference Document isn't the thrill it used to be. Primarily because this 5th edition mod really is just because my gaming group won't (or in some cases are unable to) invest in new books, and only secondarily because we are only adding a couple older-style variants (6-sided party initiative, crit/fumble tables, some overland movement details, etc.).

What I need, as an end result, is a document that I can flesh out for our game style and some play testing on how things go. So this player's tome is not going on Drive-Thru until the playtests and I have content to go along with it. Thus, you can download it for free (now $5 on DriveThruRPG) if you want to check it out:


Maybe you can see from the character sheet below that I am still seeking a very simple, 70's motif. Ha, which gets sort of lost in the very asymmetrical and unaesthetic "Skills" section...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y6z2ulmogwrsnd/AKAMChaSheet.pdf?dl=0
As I prepared the copy I did marvel how some of the ideas from 5th ed. coincided with what I was shooting for in The Vacuous Grimoire. I had to add a variant rule option for advantage/disadvantage only because there are members in our group who get a rush over everything coming down to a single... die... roll... Rolling two d20s to determine an outcome would just be anticlimactic, the option is to roll a d6 then subtract or add depending on whether disadvantage or advantage. See how it plays. Heh, maybe I should use a d8.

Again, the next deal is to work on some content. I received a lot of good feedback over my last herculean effort to transcribe Underport. Basically I can simplify the production by minimalizing creature stats and leaving the book somewhat system neutral. Gads I spent soooo much time drafting 3rd ed. stat blocks...

Ok, keep on choogling!

No comments:

Post a Comment